Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy National Nutrition Month!

Yes, I'm back! I'm sorry for my absence, but I've been thinking about how to improve "Eat Great." I want this blog to be effective, but I don't want to inundate you with near-daily posts.

If you're engaged in creative pursuits, you know that sometimes, it's necessary to sit tight and wait for that moment of revelation. Such has been the case for me. I've been turning over different ideas, to no avail. And then, out of the blue, a student posted a comment in one of my online classes, and it hit me. Duh! And here it is:

I'm going to return to posting on Monday with my own weight management goals, and I encourage you to do the same. I believe it's important for us to have a place where we can hold ourselves accountable, and receive support and encouragement.

I'll also post an article, quotation, or commentary on an aspect of weight management every Monday. Since there are 12 months in the year, and 12 lessons in my courses, we'll matching the month to the lesson. That means that next Monday, we'll be talking about the topics in Lesson 3. Coincidentally, that happens to be "Take Nutrition to the Next Level." Given that it's National Nutrition Month, that almost seems like a sign!

On Thursday, I'll post a recipe, article, quotation, or commentary that relates to the appropriate lesson from my cooking class. Lesson 3 happens to be all about sauce, so if you like smooth-and-creamy dishes as much as I do, stay tuned!

Thanks for hanging in there during this blogging drought...and a special thank you to those of you who have e-mailed me wondering when I'd be back. It's nice to be missed! I'll see you Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Donna!! Welcome back!! I agree with your new ideas. I think everyone needs a place to stay accountable and to find encouragement. I look forward to the articles, recipes, etc. Have you tried seitan yet? I haven't made it recently. I make fishing lures and it is the season!! Have been swamped with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Juhlz n Framer! We are trying to get a hold of you for Monday, March 22nd for Framer's Birthday Bash! We need you to bellydance for him and all his artsy guests that night. Any time! Even after your class. It's his only request and we dont have your contact info. Here's a risk... our number below. Call us now. We're up LATE. It's never too late for us. LOL

    Jules 423-4630 cell# email: krazejuju@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.
    Great Nutrition ideas. We love your site! Framer just made me Chicken n Crepes. WOW!!!! That's all I ave to say and it was morphed! He's the best!!!

    ReplyDelete