Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Make Your Meals HAPI...

...HAPIfork, that is. I recently ran across this story on www.myfoxny.com's Web site about a fork that vibrates when you eat too fast, and I just had to do some digging.

That led me to HAPIfork's Web site, www.hapilabs.com, where I learned more about their electronic fork specifically designed to track eating speed. The fork not only tracks how many times you bring your fork to your mouth; it also monitors how long it takes you to pick up your fork and put it down, as well as when you stop and start eating, and how long your meal lasts.

In addition, your eating information can be uploaded to the 'net (including iPhones, Android phones, and Windows mobile), so you can share the information with others. hapilabs.com suggests sharing the information with your "coach," which can "download his feedback alarm."

If you're interested, you can pre-order a HAPIfork for $99. The forks are attractive, and come in black, chrome, blue, pink, and green. Personally, I'd love to invest $300 to become a beta tester. Alas, my budget won't allow for it at this time. I'll have to be happy with my small fork, and continue to put it down after each bite. If you spring for a HAPIfork, please let us know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment